Saturday, May 16, 2009

Three weeks...

Well, I haven't been a good blogger lately...for three weeks to be exact! But, have no fear, Caroline has provided plenty of material for this edition. Also, we don't have a camera besides the one on our cell phone so we haven't been taking very many pictures.

Here are some of the new, funny things Caroline is doing and saying...

1) She says she "loves" everything. For example: "I love the grocery store," "I love lakes," etc. Its usually random and has no sentimental value whatsoever. So, we were in Georgetown with my parents for Mother's Day and the five of us were in the car. Caroline was really excited to see a motorcycle drive by and began yelling "Motorcycle! Motorcycle!" So, my dad decided to teach her the term "biker dude" to which she said (you see this one coming) "I love biker dudes." We are in serious trouble.

2) Caroline likes to say "What's the big idea guys?!" Like #1, it is usually at random times. For instance, I can be in the bedroom getting dressed and she will walk in and say (with a straight face) "What's the big idea?!"

3) For some reason I thought it would be funny to teach Caroline that the way to wake people up is to yell "Cock-a-doodle-doo!" like a rooster. (Again, you see this one coming but I did not...) So, what do we hear in the mornings? Yep. Caroline walks into our room and says "Cock-a-doodle-do!" and she keeps saying it until we wake up.

4) Tonight in the bath Caroline had her mermaid squirty bath toy and two rubber duckies. She put the mermaid in time out while she was taking a bath. I asked why the mermaid was in time out and she said "She's not minding her mommy and her mommy is sad."

5) Caroline likes to say "No thank you." We are pleased that she says it nicely but she says it at funny times.
Me: Caroline, would you like to brush your teeth or do you want mommy to brush your teeth.
Caroline: No thank you.

She thinks because she's being polite she will get out of whatever she doesn't want to do.

6) A conversation from today...
Me: Caroline, would you please pick up your shoes in the living room and put them in your room?
Caroline: I sure will.
I just thought her saying "I sure will" was pretty funny.

7) On Mother's Day morning I slept in and my Mom and Dad watched Caroline. When I woke up Mom told me Caroline had a accident (code for wet her pants). So I approach Caroline...
Me: Caroline, did you have an accident?
Caroline: No.

Me: Caroline, did you have an accident?

Caroline: Happy Mother's Day Mommy! (followed by a hug)


8) Caroline's pediatrician's name is Dr. McGonnell. When we left the doctor's office on Friday I said "Caroline, tell Dr. McGonnell bye bye" and she said "Bye Old McDonald." The nurses thought it was pretty funny. Side Note: Caroline has a sinus infection but is doing fine. Also, she is over 3 feet tall now - isn't that amazing!

9) Wikki Stix - For those of you who spend your time watching Nick Jr, Sprout, and the other channels dedicated just to little monsters under the age of 6, you've seen the infomercial for Wikki Stix. They are waxy, bendable sticks that honestly seemed like pure junk to me....until recently. A restaurant near our house gives out packages of Wikki Stix to kids in the restaurant instead of the standard coloring page and crayons. These things are genius!! We estimate it keeps Caroline occupied for about 30 minutes at a time when we are at restaurants. Order some today! We love Wikki Stix.

10) Story #2 about Wikki Stix. The other day in a restaurant Caroline was playing with her Wikki Stix and she was putting them together into some object. When we asked what she was making she said "a beanstalk" because she just learned the story of Jack and the Beanstalk...ok, it was Donald and the Beanstalk on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse but you get the picture. She showed us how Donald would climb up the beanstalk and it looked just like the beanstalk on the show! (Ok, so this is my brag story for this blog entry....I'm done now, I promise.)



Here are some recent pictures...

Mother's Day in Austin at Phil's Ice House....

Papa teaching Caroline to blow into the straw to hit someone with the straw wrapper. (Bad Papa.)

Caroline and Farrah lounging in Farrah's backyard.
Because every 2 year should sit at the Chuy's bar...


Caroline being "normal".
Caroline and I went to see a Disney Matinee movie with Sarah and Grant last Friday. Caroline was really excited to "see a mobie with Gant!"

Here they are in the seats. They made it over half way through the movie which Sarah and I considered a victory.

Caroline playing in the bounce houses at the White Rock Lake Festival two weekends ago. She had a blast!



Papa's straw teachings (above) came back to haunt us this morning at breakfast with PawPaw Kenneth (Kevin's dad).


Caroline playing dress up in my dress and pearls after I came home from a baby shower today.

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

LOVE your Caroline stories...LOVE that girl!! So hoping to see you-all this summer....

Kyle and Melanie White said...

I love all the stories. Caroline is too cute! I especially liked the second one.
-Melanie

The Cocke Family said...

She is HILARIOUS! I can't believe how grown up she sounds. And I can't wait to meet her future "biker dude" boyfriends. Wondering how Beckett would look with a ponytail and leather vest...