Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter, etc

I hope everyone had a great Easter! We enjoyed Kevin being home this weekend and were sad to see him go back to training today. Here is a recap of the past week, including Easter.

My Mom, Dad, and I took Caroline to see Disney on Ice last week. I thought it would be something special for her to keep her distracted while Kevin is away but it turned out to be awesome!

Here we are in the rain walking to the show.


Caroline had a disposable camera to take pictures and she took pictures the entire time!
I tried to get her to take a picture with me by the ice during intermission but she wanted nothing to do with it.



t
Katie and Pierce came to see us this last week and it was such a fun treat for me and Caroline! Caroline is in love with Pierce and asked him to sit with her while she ate her breakfast on Thursday. Who wouldn't love this kid?!
Friday we went to Mackay's 3rd birthday party. It was a princess party and was so fun! I'm amazed at mom's like Kalli that can put together a birthday party like this...truly amazing.

Here are the 5 princesses making silly faces.

And now making sweet faces...Caroline had the shoulder thing going that day.Kalli, the patient photographer, shows the pictures to all the girls.
Look at that princess cake!

While Mackay eats the cake, Caroline continues to practice for future sorority functions with the "lean and smile" pose.

Caroline feeding "baby Zack" a bottle during the birthday party. (Zack is Mackay's baby brother and Caroline loves him and thinks she is his mommy. :))

On Saturday, the weather was gorgeous and we went to an Easter egg hunt and carnival at a park in Lakewood. FYI - Don't panic. Its not really Caroline's birthday but she just loves to wear her "Birthday Girl" shirt. I'm sure it has nothing to do with all the attention she gets.

Waiting in line to get into the bounce house.

Holding a baby chick next to the horse. (I love Easter petting zoos!)
Holding a bunny.



Who knew you could find fields of Bluebonnets on 635 at our exit?! Ok, they are not the same caliber as Austin and the Hill Country but they are bluebonnets so I was excited. Caroline chose not to look at the camera. :)


We went to dinner on Saturday night with Dave and April and Sammy and Rachael. Caroline was the only kid with us and was a trooper for 3 hours of adult time!

Kevin was a trooper as Caroline tried to put a clippie in his hair at the restaurant. Can I submit this picture to his new employer??

Saturday we talked about the Easter Bunny a lot. So Saturday night Caroline is asleep in bed and wakes up screaming and terrified. After a long time of us trying to get her to tell us what's wrong she tells is that the "Easter Bunny is coming to get me." Poor kid was scared out of her mind. So we assured her the Easter Bunny would leave her basket outside and we wouldn't let it come into the house.

Sunday morning- the Easter basket on the front porch.

Caroline insisted she wear her bathing suit to get her Easter basket...and was so excited about her basket!

This is my favorite picture but I messed up the coloring and accidentally saved it. When Caroline looked in her Easter basket, she held her arms up and said "This is what I've been waiting for!!"
So excited.
Caroline and Kevin the Bunny.
Oh look - I'm in my pjs...shocking.
I walked in the guest room today and Caroline was on the computer. In a stern voice I said "Caroline what are you doing?!" and she said "I'm working on the computer to find a house for us to live in." I had to laugh because I have spent 9 days doing nothing but looking on the San Antonio Board of Realtors (SABOR) website at houses because I'm so excited about our move. I often get Caroline's opinion of the pictures of the houses. Poor kid.

When we said it was time for the Easter egg hunt, Caroline had another wardrobe change. This time she traded in her bathing suit for her Belle dress.
Daddy helping his princess down the stairs so she can hunt eggs.


I tried to be trickier when hiding the eggs this year and it ended up being hilarious to watch "Princess Belle" on her hands and knees in the mulch of our flower beds.

Counting her eggs and putting them in a line.
Once Caroline realized there weren't anymore eggs in our yard, she went to our neighbor's yard and looked for more.

After Kevin left, Caroline and I dyed Easter eggs. We made tie dye glitter Easter eggs!



Aren't these eggs pretty?! Caroline wants to put them in a bag so she can take them on the airplane to see Nana and Papa this week. Oops.

In panties and bunny ears tonight, Caroline proclaimed she was the Easter bunny and started hiding eggs for me to find.

No comments: