Monday, September 26, 2011

NC Beach

We went to the beach in North Carolina with my parents in August and had a great time!  It was William's first trip there and Caroline had a blast as usual. To make it even more fun, we flew to NC with my parents so Caroline had a ball and I had some help for my first attempt at flying with two kids.

Goofing around on the plane

You know the man sitting next to me was wondering what he did wrong to deserve sitting next to a newborn. I promised him that William was a great baby...and then William proceeded to start screaming during the security briefing. 

Nighttime on the beach.






Love this picture!

William having some Nana time.

Nana and Caroline having some pool time

This kid is crazy in the waves!


One content Papa and two content grandchildren.

One of my favorite things about the beach in NC is visiting our family friends that live in NC. Here we are with Milt, Pam, and Jennie.

Jennie holding William. She held me as a newborn in Las Vegas 32 years ago, held 5-week-old Caroline almost 5 years ago and now William.

William's first visit to our favorite restaurant, Twin Lakes.

It doesn't get much better than eating breakfast on the dock every morning.

Feeding the seagulls from the dock.

Crabbing - Papa had Caroline put the raw chicken in the crab cage herself. (He made me put the worm on the hook when he taught me to fish when I was her age too.)

William in his sister's pink hat. Why do I think this is so funny? (Note: Save this picture for William's rehearsal dinner slideshow.)

Caroline caught her first fish. It was a croaker and she was VERY proud of it.

Its in the bucket in front of her.


Why wouldn't you pet the fish?!


I love this picture of her fishing off the dock.
A little brother and sister time...

William really let go of all of his stress and troubles while we were at the beach. He did a lot of this..


Papa took Caroline kayaking for the first time. She was really excited to go and then realized its kind of calm (and boring for a 4 year old) and wanted to come back.

Caroline took this picture of Dad and I kayaking.

2 comments:

Kyle and Melanie White said...

Looks like a great trip!

Emily said...

I'm glad William checked his troubles at the door and had a relaxing time! And Caroline petting the fish... was pretty cute. Looks like such a fun trip!