Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Shake the Sugar Tree

Tonight on The Voice, one of the contestants sang "Shake the Sugar Tree," one of my childhood favorite songs. So I sang it and sang it and sang it. As I changed William's diaper and put on his pjs, I sang it and he shook his hands while I sang. When I'd stop singing, he would say "shake!" I was carrying him over to his crib to put him down and he pointed to the rocking chair and said "rock!" So I happily rocked him and sang our new song. He snuggled up on my shoulder and tried to sing along with me. When I would just rock him in silence, he would say "shake!" and I would start singing to him again. I stood up to put him down and he clung closer to me. So we two-stepped and sang "Shake the Sugar Tree" a little bit longer before I put him down.

What a wonderful memory.



1 comment:

Emily said...

Very sweet memory. William is a doll. Oh, and your other post reminded me to get the Barnes and Noble summer reading log. :) Way, to go C!