Thursday, October 10, 2013

Are these my children?

I was at Caroline's school today with William and the principal's admin said "what is your husband built like because your kids obviously aren't built like you?" (Which is funny because William is short like me but people seem to think he's big.)

It occurred to me how very often people say things like that and I feel like I should make a shirt that says "they really are MY kids too!"

Then I realized the ONE time someone at school has identified a similarity between myself and one of the kids. Last year I was talking to Mrs. Goodwin, Caroline's GT teacher, and during our conversation she smiled and said "Now I know where Caroline gets her spunk." Ha! That's a compliment, right? I'm just happy someone found something similar between Caroline and myself - and to be honest, I am honored. :)


1 comment:

Emily said...

Sweet! I agree with the teacher. :)