We haven't posted in a while because our house has become a germ hotel - specifically for flu germs. Kevin has had the flu for 7 days and is only marginally better than he was a few days ago when he was at his worst. Caroline keeps saying "Dada sick" and "Dada don't feel well" but she still does her best to keep him from resting.
I had a brief stomach bug in the middle of Kevin's sickness but am now back to feeling good. One night when Kevin and I were both sick, Caroline said she wanted to brush her teeth before bed and I said "no". All I could think about was getting her in bed as fast as possible so we could go lay down for the night. Yet another reason why you should not nominate us for parents of the year. Not only did we not brush Caroline's teeth that night but we specifically told her no when she asked. I am still shocked no one has asked us to write a parenting book.
This evening Kevin gave in to Caroline's requests to swing in the backyard. So sick Daddy took Caroline out in the 40 degree weather to swing her. What a good daddy! (I stayed inside and looked busy to avoid the frigid temperatures. Bad mommy.)
I hope Kevin is better in a few days and we have fun things to blog about besides our germ hotel! Everyone get a flu shot!
2 comments:
Oh you make me laugh. I hope everyone starts feeling better...and quick. Get on that parenting book as well, I could use the advice.
That is hilarious about the tooth brushing! What a good Dada Kevin is!
Post a Comment