Wednesday, August 18, 2010

DC!!

We had a great time in DC the last few days and had a lot to celebrate.

I took this picture when we were waiting at the gate at DCA to get off the plane. Caroline was chanting "Daddy! Daddy! Daddy!" and, although she was loud as we were all stuck on a plane, the other passengers had big smiles and told her to have fun seeing Daddy.




Caroline, Paw Paw Kenneth, and I went to Old Town Alexandria and walked around the waterfront on Monday.
 

 Tuesday was a great day!







Caroline was the happiest person (besides Kevin) in the entire Country, I think.














I love this picture of our Dad's laughing.









Caroline is obsessed with pistachios right now so she spent most of the event sitting quietly with her bag of pistachios. Who needs toys when you can shell pistachios?!








Caroline used the facilities as a playground and a forum for her to play the piano for the nation's finest walking by. I'm sure that was the original intent of the building. :)





Afterwards at lunch...one happy and relieved guy. :)


Kevin was eased back into home life by watching "Minnie Mouse's Bow-tique" with Caroline on her DVD player on the way home. She was SO excited to share her headphones with him.
At the amazing World War 2 Memorial Tuesday evening.  I did not bring our SLR camera into DC Tuesday night when we walked around and I really regret it. But Kevin and I made a pact to go back to DC in the next 6 months or so, with the SLR, and take pictures at night. Our nation's capital is so stunning and at night we could really feel the  majesty of it all. It was awe-inspiring and I'm so disappointed I didn't bring the camera.  (Dear Kalli - Can you please teach me how to use the camera at night before I go? I'll by you a cheese enchilada with sour cream sauce. :) )

Caroline enjoyed walking around the WWII memorial at  night barefoot.

















Once we got home, Kevin was stripped of any manliness or arrogance he may have acquired in the last 6 months. First, Caroline put on a recital. Well, Caroline played the piano and sang while Daddy danced. I was the audience (that means I'm old news. :) ) Caroline played and sang the "Hot Dog Dance" from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Kevin did the Goofy dance (he's reallty good at it...he's been doing it for a couple of years). It was so funny. I've tried to explain to Kevin how Caroline has blossomed since we moved here and we have all day together but he didn't really experience it until last night.  Get a Kleenex because the next pictures are so funny you may cry...
She kept turning around during the "recital" to make sure Daddy was still dancing.
If this isn't the classic "white man's overbite dance" I don't know what is.


The Kevin,  once again acclimated to home life, decided to teach Caroline to do "Superstar" like Mary Katherine Gallagher on Saturday Night Live. Two funny parts: (1) Kevin repeatedly doing "Superstar" while wearing his newly earned "accessories". (2) When Caroline did it herself, she fell down on the ground, just like Mary Katherine.


Caroline is now "packing heat" with a push pop attached to her panties. Watch out!

No comments: