When we landed in DC, Caroline started chanting "Daddy! Daddy! Daddy!" really loud. Here is the picture of Caroline as we waited to get off the plane at DCA.
On Monday, we walked around Old Town Alexandria and the waterfront with Paw Paw Kenneth, Kevin's Dad.
While in Alexandria, we found the cutest kid's store called "Why Not?" Caroline found her Halloween costume there. She's decided to be a Bumble Bee...the costume is SO cute. (Fingers crossed that she doesn't change her mind. :) )
Tuesday was a great day!!
I think Caroline was the happiest person on Tuesday! She attacked Kevin because she was so excited knowing he was coming home!
All of the families...
Since "the world is a stage" for Caroline, she figured this was the perfect time and place to hone her running and piano playing skills...all while the nation's finest walked by and smiled.
Some other pictures that I liked from the morning's festivities...
Afterwards at lunch.
Tuesday night, we all walked around DC. I did not bring my SLR camera and am still kicking myself for it. Kevin and I vowed to come back to DC soon (I'm sure we will have plenty of opportunities :) ) and tour DC at night with the SLR. It was magnificent to see our nation's capital as the sun was setting...and in the night as well. Truly amazing. (Dear Kalli, Before we go to DC next time will you please teach me to use the night settings on my SLR? I will buy you a cheese enchilada with sour cream sauce. :) )
Caroline enjoyed walking around the WWII memorial barefoot.
On the flight home, Caroline "let" Kevin share her headphones so he could watch the "Minnie Mouse Bow-tique" movie on her DVD player.
When we arrived home last night, Caroline decided that she and Kevin should put on a recital for me. Caroline played the piano and sang while she made Kevin dance. She kept looking to make sure he was dancing like he was supposed to. She told him exactly what to do and how to do it...welcome home, honey! :) So any manliness or arrogance Kevin might have acquired in the last 6 months was completely stripped away as soon as we walked in the door. The recital was hilarious...hopefully these pictures capture it...
After the recital, Kevin tried to teach Caroline how to do "Superstar" like Mary Katherine Gallagher on Saturday Night Live...again, I was on the floor laughing.
I should also warn you that Caroline is now "packing heat" with her push pop candy attached to her Ariel panties. Bad guys (like Swiper the Fox) should be very scared.
We are SO thankful this is all behind us. Thank you to everyone who supported us during this time...you made this a more tolerable experience for all of us.
WELCOME HOME, KEVIN! Your girls are thrilled you are home...get ready for more impromptu recitals! :)



3 comments:
I don't know why, but I was weepy the whole time I read this post! Guess it is just so nice to see such a happy family. Congrats Kevin (and the whole Manuel clan)!
Congrats Kevin! By the way, I love the white boy biting the lower lip dance pose.
Thanks guys! I'm really excited to be home with my girls.
Kyle, I've perfected the "white boy" dance and you will be seeing more of it soon at the reunion. I can't wait!
Post a Comment