Monday, April 25, 2011

Caroline says...

1.  Sometimes Caroline will ask one of us for permission to do something and if we say no, she will ask the other parent. We have told her for years that (a) she can't ask parent #2 just because she doesn't like the answer given by parent #1 and (b) we are "on the same page" so whichever parent gives the answer represents the answer of both parents. So this weekend we were eating at Chuy's and Caroline brought a roll of Smartees candy in with her to eat after she ate her meal. When she was done eating her lunch, she looked at me and said "Mommy, can I eat my candy since I ate my lunch?" I said yes. Then she looked at Kevin and said "Daddy, is it ok if I eat my candy? Are you on the same page as Mommy?" We couldn't stop laughing.

2.  Lately when we discipline Caroline she cries and says "don't you love me?!" How do we explain to a 4 year old that we discipline her because we love her? One day she'll understand, right?

No comments: