Sunday, April 3, 2011

The two month catch up

In an effort to catch up, I'm posting a bunch of random pictures from the last two months on here.


Snow Day in SA (February 4, 2011)
I know its not a lot of snow but we were so excited to have some snow and ice!

The main street into our neighborhood is a steep hill that was covered in ice that day...so many people in the neighborhood were out sledding. The funniest part is that we live in South Texas and nobody has real sleds. People were sledding on cardboard, in rubbermaid containers, and, in our case, a pink pool floatie.





 Later we took the penguin that sings "Feliz Navidad" on a walk in the remaining snow.


Some other February pictures
Lately, I've been tired and Caroline has taken a liking to laying on top of me while we watch tv.

Kevin and Caroline played around with the camera one day and I love some of these candid pictures. Mainly I love them because you can tell she is so happy.


Caroline in her new personalized apron that Kevin's Aunt Sandra made for her.

Valentine's Day Parties!
Caroline picked out her all-pink ensemble for the MOPS Valentine's Party at Chuck E Cheese. Pip Squeek, the ZuZu pet also attended the party.


Caroline found a dance floor at Chuck E Cheese that you dance in front of a camera and see yourself on tv. She was hooked and there was some drama involved when she needed to let other kids play on it.

Kevin met us at Chuck E Cheese and played for a while. (We all love to play air hockey!)


Caroline trying to play Guitar Hero. Since I've never played, I couldn't help her out but it was pretty funny.

My sweet Valentine!

Here are Caroline and Elizabeth at the Valentine's Party at Elizabeth's house.  We tried to take pictures of the whole group of kids but they were too busy eating and playing. (Check out Caroline's jewelry.)



Zoo playdate (February 24, 2011)
The SA zoo is really fun so we go there often. On this day, we went with some of Caroline's friends. They all asked such good questions about the animals and are learning so much at this age!


Lainey, Lance, Tres, and Caroline watching the pink flamingos.

Lainey is Lance's little sister and Caroline adores her!

In the bird cage, Caroline bravely fed not one, but three birds.

Tres and Caroline




March 2011
Caroline and Jedidiah at his 4th birthday party at Kiddie Park.




At Elizabeth's twin brother and sister's first birthday party, Caroline took her first swing at a pinata and loved it!



Kevin does a little puppet show with Caroline's favorite bear, Duffy. I have never heard Caroline laugh so hard as when Kevin puts on these shows. Here he is at a restaurant making Duffy talk...and Caroline laugh.


Sarah and Jedidiah took us to a neat restaurant called Willie's to celebrate my birthday. (I was sick on my actual birthday so we went a couple weeks late.) The kids played in the restaurant's sand pit while we hung out...what a cool place!


Crisis averted - Caroline lost Duffy, her "best bear friend" for an entire weekend. There were a lot of tears, especially during nap time and when it was time to go to bed at night. She missed him so much that we looked online to try to buy a new Duffy. We were disappointed to learn that you can only buy Duffy at Epcot in Orlando. Thankfully, Caroline found Duffy on Monday morning before Kevin left for training. (Trust me, I was nervous to see how Caroline would survive a week without Daddy and Duffy!) Here they are with their sweet reunion and celebrating with some gummy bears.  Duffy comes everywhere with us so we are glad to have him back in our family!

We went to stay with my parents for a day and a half while Kevin was in Nebraska. We love going to the Domain with Mom and Dad so I let Caroline wear a bathing suit under her dress to dinner so she could play in the splash area.


Mom and Dad found a kid-sized rake for Caroline so she put on her gardening gloves and got busy in their yard. I think it took her an hour to mess up the work and mulch my Dad had spent many days working on a week prior.

This weekend we took Kevin's mom and stepdad to Gruene. Caroline found this princess cowgirl hat. It was too cute to leave at the store so we bought for her...I love it!

Tonight we went to Aldaco's with Sarah, Jedidiah, and Julio. Caroline taught Jedi to make a "scary mask" out of a tortilla. We were very proud. :)

No comments: