Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Kevin's first day back at work

Let's be honest, I've been dreading Kevin's first day back at work following William's birth since, well, we found out we were pregnant with him. So Thursday was the big day...let's recap the day.

Wednesday night's agony over the next morning was interrupted by this...





My friend Kathleen baked the best (and cutest) chicken pot pie and brought it to us for dinner. One of my favorite desserts is fruit pizza and she brought that too - with the strawberries cut into little hearts.

The next morning (Kevin's first day at work), I finished feeding William and came downstairs to find Caroline fed, dressed, and her lunch and snack packed and waiting at the front door. Oh and her answer to everything was "yes ma'am"
- clearly Kevin was afraid I would lose it that day and had rallied the troops.

I had not yet been cleared to drive by my OB, so...

At 8:45 my friend and neighbor picked up Caroline to take her to school since her son is in the same class. I walked her out (in my pjs), buckled her into Christina's car, kissed her and walked back in.

Fifteen minutes later, Mary and Amanda picked me and William up to try a newly found coffee shop called Local Coffee. If this picture of my latte was any indication, the coffee shop is fabulous.







After 2.5 hours of great girl time (plus a sleeping William), we headed home to rest a little bit before big sister came home from school - driven, again, by my neighbor Christina.

Try not to feel too sorry for me on my first day at home with two kids. It was one of the best, most relaxing days of my life so I think I will make it. I realize it is in no way a glimpse of the reality of having two kids at home while Kevin is at work but it made me even more thankful for my amazingly thoughtful husband, my (mostly) well-behaved daughter, and all of my insanely thoughtful friends who all worked together to make a potentially stressful day...fun!

1 comment:

Emily said...

That is a great first day with no help. I don't think mine was that great... here's hoping for next time? And, what the heck that is the cutest pot pie from Kathleen.