But neither of the boys' head injuries prepared us for the last one. Caroline was swimming in the pool and doing (wait for it...) flips off the side of the pool. (For the record, I was not present during the flipping session. She was under the somewhat questionable supervision of my two favorite adult males...who shall remain nameless. Just kidding. )
William needed to be changed out of his swimming diaper so Dad and I were working on William and I asked Kevin to bring us a towel. We were just feet from the pool but turned our backs it. All of a sudden we heard Caroline screaming. Next thing we know Caroline had busted the top of her head on the side of the pool and her head is bleeding. The guys held her, calmed her down, and put ice on it.
Apparently it was bad (I couldn't look) so we took her to the ER to have her head examined.
To make a long story short, Caroline received 6 staples in her head on our last night at the beach. It was very traumatic and involved lots of crying/screaming but was all settled when the nurse gave her a Popsicle. In the last 24 hours, she's been so good and only occasionally complained of a headache.
It was VERY scary and we are so thankful Caroline just needed six staples to fix her head.
Ice on her wound

The staple gun

The cleaned and finished product

Caroline with her Popsicle and the staple gun.

No comments:
Post a Comment