This is one of those "a day in the life of Brooke" posts.
6:15 AM - Caroline is crying because I "control" everything she wears and how she does her hair. (Side note: I am way too boring to come up with Caroline's eccentric outfits and hair-dos.) I had picked out a dress with matching leggings for her to wear to school today. With a quivering lip, Caroline tells me that the polka dot leggings (or any polkadots for that matter) make her feel "silly like a 3 year old." She says she doesn't like dressing like a little girl anymore. I swallowed my pride and thanked her for communicating that to me and that, in the future, I will include her when I'm buying clothes for her. (God help me.) Off she went to school in her jeans, long-sleeve peace sign t-shirt and sparkly pink Toms. Oh and she had a random bow on the top of her head (her hair was in a ponytail) and I didn't say anything. Repeat after me: I will not be controlling. I will not be controlling. I will not be....
7:55 AM - William and I are playing on the living room floor like usual. We are on the last page of "Brown Bear, Brown Bear" and I ask him to point to the dog. He does and says "dog". Same thing for "cat", "frog" and "brown bear". I was so excited I immediately texted Kevin to tell him. We've been a little concerned about William's vocabulary but in the past week he has really blossomed with his words and is saying so much more.
No comments:
Post a Comment