Friday, June 5, 2009

Week at Nana and Papa's

Caroline spent this week in Georgetown with my parents. Dad sent me this e-mail on Tuesday around nap time to update me on what they had been doing. I thought it was funny so I'm posting it. (Note: Caroline likes to ride around in Papa's pickup truck in the neighborhood with the windows down. She sits down in the truck and tells Papa to "turn the music on." Because they live in the country and its just a quiet little neighborhood road with no other cars (and I know my Dad doesn't go over 5 MPH with his precious Jewel in the car), she gets to ride in the truck without her car seat. She told me on the phone this week that Papa has a "Chevrolet truck." She gets excited when she sees his truck and asks him to drive her around the neighborhood.)

Here's the e-mail from Dad on Tuesday -
"We had a great morning. Drove around the neighborhood for almost an
hour. Caroline met some more of our neighbors. Then we went
to a new park near Georgetown High School. It was really cool, lots
of shade, and a lot of interesting "discovery" type things for young
kids. We did the "Chick-e-lay" drive thru and headed home. CJ ate six
nuggets, the mandarin oranges in her fruit cup, and gulped the apple
juice. So her tummy was full(she said she had a baby). She laid
down right at 12:30 and I'm thinking about duplicating what Caroline is doing.
So call us after work. If we don't answer, we're probably in the pool."

I love the daily updates Mom and Dad send me when Caroline is there. I am worn out just reading them most days! Dad just told me that most mornings Caroline takes off her pjs and puts on her bathing suit before she goes into their bedroom to wake them up. Ha! She has been swimming in their pool about twice per day so she is going to be very sad to leave today - but Kevin and I are excited to have her home!

1 comment:

Honey said...

I love your blog....and Caroline is hilarious! She reminds me so much of Peej!