Sunday, May 23, 2010

Caroline's Recital

On Saturday, Caroline had her first big recital! It was so much fun! I put make up on her and she put on her costume and you could tell she felt SO beautiful! I had flashbacks of getting ready for my recitals when I was little and I can't believe I have this precious little girl now.

We've been on the go for a while now and Caroline hasn't been to dance class in 3 weeks...so she didn't really know the dance. (They are 3 so no one really did.) But one of their dances was to the "Eyes of Texas" and the girls were supposed to sing and dance to it. Since Caroline wasn't so sure of the dance moves she just sang it...really loud. You could hear her deep voice over all the other girls. We were so proud!! You could tell she was having a ball on stage and didn't care that she didn't know the dance. When everyone came out for the finale, Caroline was SO excited and was jumping all around on stage with a huge smile on her face.

First round of make up - because Caroline wanted make up on "right now!"


My beautiful ballerina!
The next two pictures are my favorites.


Caroline and her friend Darby. These girls have more personality than any two kids should have and they are hilarious. I can't stop laughing when they are together.

The full get-up.

The back of the get-up.

Taylor, Darby, and Caroline - so cute!

Here they are with their school teacher, Ms. Toney. We love her and, as you can tell, they do too.
I took this picture because I always had pictures of me before recitals sitting in my assigned desk waiting to go on stage.

Proud parents!

Proud family!