Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Haircut and weekend with Kevin

We closed on our house on Thursday so we are now renters in our own home - crazy! But it is so nice to have all of that over with. Now...if we could just find out exactly where we are going in the San Antonio region, we could start looking for our next house. At the closing, the escrow officer asked where we were moving and I said "I don't know." Ha - I bet they don't hear that very often. We know we are going to an office in the San Antonio region which, besides San Antonio, includes the following: Waco, Austin, Corpus Christi, (now it goes down hill fast) Laredo, Del Rio, and Brownsville. I mean, I love Mexican food and margaritas but that does NOT mean I want to live on the border. Fingers crossed that we will know soon and that it will be somewhere greater than 15 miles from the Mexico border.

Here are some pictures from the last few days...

Caroline playing dress up on Friday in her swimsuit, butterfly wings, and a shower cap.

On Friday, I decided it was time for a real haircut. Sure, she had the bad haircut a year or so ago but I figured it was time to go to a kids haircut place and try to even out some of the different lengths in her hair. She LOVED it!! She wants to go back and has decided she wants her hair shorter! (Please notice the outfit. This outfit is going to be the death of me and its close to making its way into the donation pile because Caroline CRIES and BEGS for it EVERY day.)

The lady said it was extra to wash her hair and I said "I don't care. Please do it." Caroline hates having her hair washed and screams through it every time. I would pay this lady more than the $2 fee to do it for me.


Her hair is so long when it is wet and not curly.




Saturday was Margo's birthday party. They had a ballerina from the Dallas Ballet Center come and teach a class. These girls (Caroline, Darby, and Taylor) would have nothing to do with it and ran wild the whole time. The three of them together are trouble!


The party favor at Margo's party was a pink ballerina tutu with a balloon tied on it. Caroline refused to take it off to sleep so here she is Sunday morning still wearing it.


Sunday morning the weather was amazing so we headed to Breadwinners to sit on the patio.

Kevin made the mistake of letting Caroline taste his hot chocolate....

so she finished it off for him.

We went to a park after breakfast and played and enjoyed the weather.


Caroline found this dress from last year's clothes and loves it because Kevin bought it for her. We tried to tell her its way to small but she wouldn't have anything of it. It is about to disappear to the donations pile. :)

We are excited to say that Saleh, Allison, Farrah, and Azzam are back from Jordan! Caroline is thrilled to have her best friend back! Aren't they precious?!

4 comments:

Honey said...

Love the haircut pictures! Caroline and Peej are so alike in the clothes department....he loves all of his "sport clothing" and changes often according to whatever sport he is playing.
You have a beautiful little girl with personality plus!!

Leslie said...

Austin would be nice! I assumed San Antonio mean San Antonio. Glad there is a Austin option!

Kyle and Melanie White said...

I always love your updates!

Kalli said...

#1- Who has shower caps these days? #2- I can't BELIEVE how long her hair was when it was wet! #3- I loved the picture of her sleeping in the tutu. Super cute!