Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Mother's Day and last weekend

For Mother's Day, Caroline and I went to Georgetown to celebrate with my Mom and Dad. It definitely wasn't the same without Kevin but it was wonderful to spend the weekend with my parents.

We went to Gloria's in the Domain on Friday night for dinner. We tried multiple times for Caroline to (a) smile and (b) look at the camera. Its not easy.





After dinner we walked around the Domain. As usual, we hit up the water fountain and Caroline went right in.



The butterfly chair and Caroline flapping her arms like a butterfly.
I love these of Caroline just relaxing and taking it all in.



We went to the Arboretum after dinner because I cannot go to Austin without eating Amy's Ice Cream. It borders on an addiction at this point. (My parents brought me a pint of Amy's Ice Cream in a cooler to Dallas for my birthday!) So in this picture, Papa and Caroline were trying to hide from us..but we caught them. :)

My Mom gave Caroline a yard stick so she could measure herself.

Sunday morning, we went to Kerby Lane Cafe for Mother's Day breakfast. I love that place! Caroline and I danced to the musician outside playing for all the people waiting. Only in Austin!


My parents kept Caroline the week following Mother's Day because I had a work trip and then I went to San Antonio to house hunt. I joined them on Sunday because my brother was in town. Caroline was very concerned that Uncle Mike didn't have sunscreen on...so she took care of it for him.

They have so much fun together and she was very busy showing off for him...and of course, she never stopped talking while he was there.




Every morning since we've been home, Caroline has said "I don't want to be in Dallas! I want to be in Georgetown!" I guess she had a good vacation there. I can't wait until we are in San Antonio and I get to spend more time with my little Peanut. :)

No comments: