Friday, July 2, 2010

Alabama and Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas

Yesterday I told Caroline I had a surprise for her. On the way there, this was our conversation:

Me: If you could pick any surprise in the world, what would it be?
Caroline: I would go to Mackay's house to play.
Me: Ok but Mackay and her family are on vacation in Colorado right now.
Caroline: Colorado is a state just like "Ala" and "Abamba". (She thinks Alabama is too different states called Ala and Abamba.)
Me: Yes, that's right. Colorado and Alabama are both states. Good job!
Caroline: Mommy, Washington DC is not a state but Washington is.
Me (in shock): Wow. That's right...good job! And who do you know that lives in Washington DC? (I'm thinking her daddy.)
Caroline: The President lives in Washington DC.

Seriously?! What are they teaching her at this school because I can promise you we've never discussed any of this?

Then, I'm telling my mom this story today on my cell phone in the car. When I told her that Caroline said the President lives in Washington DC, Caroline corrected me..."Obama. President Obama lives in Washington DC."

Kevin and I knew the day would come that Caroline would be smarter than us...we just hoped it would be after her 4th birthday!

Speaking of 4th birthday, I've been excited about the switch to a booster seat when Caroline turns 4. Last Saturday at the pediatrician he told me she is 40 lbs and over 40 inches and is big enough for a car seat if we want to switch her. I don't think we will switch her now because I feel safer with her in the big car seat but its nice to know we can.

No comments: