Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Funny things Caroline says

As our blog has evolved, I realize I've spent more time posting pictures of what we are up to and less time documenting what Caroline is saying and doing. Since this serves as our baby book and chronicle of Caroline's young life, I will try to do a better of job of posting funny things Caroline says.

1. "Santonio" - Caroline says our new city as if its one word...Santonio.

2. On the way home from school today, Caroline pointed to the sticker she received from her teacher. Caroline said "Even though I don't like the sticker my teacher gave me, I'm still thankful for it." (We've been on a "thankfulness" kick for a while now.) Another great example...A few weeks Caroline and I decided to watch tv upstairs in the game room. She made pallets for us on the floor. Before she got a pillow for me she said "Mom, it doesn't matter what kind of pillow I give you, you have to be thankful for it."

3. Caroline came out of the bathroom today holding her dress up and said "Look, Mom, I wore dos panties." Once I figured out she was telling me that she wore two pairs of panties, I asked her why. She told me she wore the butterfly panties so no one could see her Dora panties underneath. (Keep in mind, I made her wear leggings under her dress to school.)

4. Cat in the Hat - Caroline is OBSESSED with the Cat in the Hat. PBS just started a new Cat in the Hat tv show and its all we watch. We even have a Cat in the Hat game we play at home. Its a nice break from Candyland.  (As I speak, we are watching Cat in the Hat instead of the ALCS playoff game between the Yankees and Rangers which is what I would like to be watching.)

5. Along the Cat in the Hat lines, Caroline made a tail for herself out of pipecleaners yesterday and had me tape it to her bottom so she could have a tail and climb a tree. It was heartbreaking to explain to her that her pretend tail (which she argued was real) could not help her climb a tree.

6. On the way home today, Caroline yelled something I didn't understand when I had to step on the brakes so I didn't run a red light. I finally realized it was in Spanish and when I asked her what it meant in English she said "to stop or slow down". This Spanish thing is already backfiring on me since I don't know what she's saying. (Don't worry, all three of us practice our vocabulary - and Kevin and I need to most practice.)

7. Caroline is fighting a sinus infection right now and has a terrible cough. You know...the cough that you hear in public and try to steer your child in the opposite direction so that sick kid doesn't get your kid sick? Yep, that's the one she has and can't seem to get rid of.

8. Today Caroline announced that she wants to give Santa Claus some Christmas presents this year and even let him have a stocking. I thought that was odd and really random so I asked her why. In a very dramatic voice and talking with her hands she informed me that we should give back to Santa because he gives so much to us.

No comments: