We have been so excited anticipating Katie, Matt, and Pierce coming to visit us in San Antonio! Katie worked at Southwest with me but I didn't meet her until she decided to do a rotation in the Internal Audit department with me. As soon as I met her, I knew we would be great friends. Our dads were both SWA pilots and she's just as funny and as laid back as can be. When we met, I was very pregnant and she sat in the cubicle next to me. She confessed that she was really nervous sitting next to me because I was hugely pregnant and she was afraid I would go into labor at work and she wouldn't know what to do. (Fast forward four years, and she is pregnant with baby boy #2.) After Katie and I became friends, we got together with our husbands and, thankfully, they liked each other. Matt (aka Red) is an unfortunately bad influence on Kevin's career which is why we have had a crazy 12 months and we now live in San Antonio. (Matt, I've forgiven you...I promise. :) )
Did I mention their 14 month old son, Pierce, is precious? Caroline talks about him all the time...even when she hasn't seen him in 9 months.
I love the kids in their pjs...
Tough guys...in front of the Dora tent.
On Saturday we went to Gruene for the day. It was a beautiful day and such a neat town.
All of us outside the Gristmill. The food was delicious!
I love this picture outside of Gruene Hall. Can you tell how excited the kids are?
A close up...just so you didn't miss how excited the kids were.
Once inside Gruene Hall, the kids came alive again! There was a band playing...and not playing on stage. So guess who danced on the stage at Gruene Hall for a really long time? Yep, Caroline and Pierce.
Matt riding the toddler toy...with the Dora tent in the background.
Caroline LOVES Katie. So Caroline found a ball so she could have a baby in her belly like Katie.
Caroline's new trick: Swinging while standing on the swing.
Ever since we bought this swingset we've been talking about how much fun Caroline would have pushing Pierce in the baby swing. They had a great time!
Two grown men discussing life...while sitting on swings.
Because Pierce has a monkey lovie that he chews on, Caroline brought her stuffed animal monkey along and chewed on him while we walked around the block. :)
And then Pierce started to fall asleep in the stroller, so Caroline pretended to fall asleep too.



No comments:
Post a Comment