So here are a few funny sayings or events from the past few weeks:
- Caroline loves to dance in front of our full-length mirror. Last Saturday morning she came in the living room and asked me to turn on the light in the guest room. When I asked why, she said "So I can watch myself dance in the mirror."
- Caroline mispronounces the following words but they always make us smile....Ballelina = Ballerina; Cinderabella = Cinderella; Lemolade = Lemonade
- The other day she put on some pj's that have ballerinas on it and said "Mommy, I'm a ballelina now" and smiled. So sweet...
- The other day we were driving and she said "You are a really nice Mommy." I said "That's nice Caroline. Why did you say that?" and she said "Just because I love you." (I can say this now without it being considered bragging because a few weeks ago she yelled "You're a bad Mommy!" at SuperTarget when I asked her to sit down in the buggy. It was a humbling moment. :) )
- Yesterday. Caroline's sense of time is funny. Everything in the past was "yesterday" even if it was a year ago. For example..."Yesterday I was sick", "Yesterday I rode on a pony", "Yesterday I played with Grant Man". From the way she talks, she had a very busy day "yesterday".
- We went to a fall festival at a local plant nursery a couple weekends ago. As we are walking to the pumpkin decorating table, Caroline looked up at Kevin and said "Daddy, you're so handsome." She also came home from Grant's birthday party yesterday and said "Daddy, I missed you and I love you."
- Yesterday at Target Caroline officially broke her first item that we had to purchase. It was a monster toothbrush holder (see picture below from the Target website) that intrigued her enough to take it off the shelf. It was $9.99 which seems a bit expensive for our first "break-and-purchase" incident. Caroline had to tell the cashier lady that she broke it and she was sorry. The cashier did not seem to care which didn't help my attempt at teaching Caroline a lesson. On the way home from Target Caroline begged me not to tell Kevin which gave me an opportunity to teach her a lesson about being honest and not hiding things from each other. When we arrived home, she made me tell Kevin what happened because she didn't want to. (While I told him the story, she kept saying "Oh, look at that.." to distract us. Good try.) So after telling Kevin what happened we had the opportunity to teach her how we forgive each other which was much more fun than the other lessons. :) (I'm done teaching lessons for a month now!)

Other things she's doing:
- When she started dance class she immediately learned her right from her left. Yesterday as we drove to SuperTarget she told me when to turn right and left to get there. Either she's a genius or we go to SuperTarget WAY to often. (I'll let you decide. :) )
- Caroline is very into the alphabet right now. They are really focusing on letter recognition and writing the ABCs at school so Caroline is always pointing out letters to us. We play lots of ABC games at home (i.e. How many C's can you see?, etc). Caroline has a travel magna-doodle and that's really all we need when we go to restaurants because she loves playing letter recognition games with it. She is constantly asking me how to spell things.
- Her teacher is teaching them to chew with their mouths closed so every time Caroline eats, she points out that she is chewing with her mouth closed and you can tell she's very proud of herself. (Have I mentioned how much we love her school?!)
- Dora and Ariel (Little Mermaid) are her very favorite things. She sleeps with two Dora dolls at night and all she ever wants to watch on tv is Dora or the Little Mermaid movie. She is still determined to "teach Swiper to be nice." (If you watch Dora as much as we do, you'll understand what that means.) She is going to be Ariel for Halloween and we've had the costume and accessories for a while now. When she puts her Ariel tiara on, she starts singing like Ariel.
- She is still enjoying dance class and swim class. Her swimming teacher is absolutely wonderful and we couldn't be happier with the Emler Swim School! Caroline has requested to wear flippers AND goggles so she is swimming really fast and looks hilariously cute doing it!
No comments:
Post a Comment