Friday, May 6, 2011

Play date with Mackay

Caroline's friend Mackay from Dallas came over to play today. Mackay's parents are on vacation and, lucky for us, she is staying with her aunt who lives in San Antonio. Its been so funny to watch the two of them together so I had to share some funny stories from today:

1) Mackay was really shy when we picked her up. She told me she is missing her mommy and daddy so I think it was hard for her to leave her aunt's house to come to our house. As soon as we started the car, Caroline requested we turn on "Proud Mary" (by Tina Turner) and "turn it up!"  Caroline was dancing in her car seat and singing at the top of her lungs. Poor Mackay - I was waiting for her to ask us to take her back to her aunt's house.

2) They were playing pretend and Mackay said they were going on an adventure like Dora. Mackay suggested they use a map to find what they were looking for but Caroline said "no, I'll just use my GPS to find it."

3) I'm happy to report that the first thing Caroline said when we arrived to our house was "do you want to see my baby brother's room?" So, at least for today, Caroline is excited about being a big sister.

4) After we dropped Mackay off with her aunt, Caroline announced "when I grow up, I want to live in Dallas at Mackay's house."

No comments: