Friday, September 21, 2012

House redo

On tv, home remodels looks so clean and fast. Not so in real life I suppose. Today was day 1 of tile demo in our house. Jackhammer all day. Plastic tarps everywhere and fine white dust everywhere. Did I mention we turned off the air conditioner so the dust wouldn't circulate? No air conditioning combined with large plastic tarps cutting off any air circulation caused it to be a nice, balmy afternoon in our house. (After being home from work for about 5 minutes, Kevin declared "it's really not that hot in here!" Really? Oh Lord help me.)

Needless to say, by 2:00 I called Kevin and said we need to go somewhere for the weekend. So the kids and I are staying at my mom and dad's house (they are out of town) and Kevin kept driving north to help someone in Dallas.

Here are three pics from Day 1...




No comments: