Thursday, September 27, 2012

Justin Beaver

Here is the conversation while we ate dinner tonight.

Kevin: What kind of cake do you want for your birthday?
Caroline: A Justin "Beaver" cake!    (We recently went to of her classmates' birthday party who had a Justin Bieber cake and I was in shock. What happened to Dora? Hello Kitty? My Little Pony? I'm not a Barbie fan but she's better than a teeny-bopper heartthrob, right? I might even prefer Spongebob.) 
Kevin: Why do you want a Justin Beaver cake?
Caroline: Because I really like him.
Kevin:  What song do you like of his?
Caroline: { silence }
Kevin: What does he look like?
Caroline: { silence }
Kevin: Then why do you like him so much?
Caroline: Because he's so hot and has fashion.

Oh my!! Our five year old said a guy was hot! The comforting part is that she doesn't even know what he looks like and when asked what hot means, she had no response.

Hilarious and scary all at the same time. Oh and don't worry - we kept referring to him as Justin Beaver during the whole conversation.

1 comment:

Emily said...

oh boy, I am not ready for all this growing up stuff. I think it's a bit early for Justin "beaver", though. Why can't we just shield them forever?