Our normal morning routine of taking it easy and watching tv but this time the kids' virtual pet (their "Boo's") were also watching with us. Ha!
I promised the kids we could go to Dunkin Donuts this morning. (See yesterday's post about Kevin leaving for Scotland.) I had heard the donuts weren't the same as back in the US. They were not! Not good at all. I think the kids just enjoyed eating something other than cereal for breakfast.
We've passed the store before and always thought the name was funny.
After we ate donuts, we went shopping for clothes to wear in our family pictures we are having taken next week. We decided it would be cool to hire a photographer to take family pictures in front of London landmarks and then realized we didn't have clothes for it. So the kids and I hit Primark among other stores. It was so crowded around Oxford Street that we headed straight to our little patch of heaven at Paddington Street Gardens. Love the peace and quiet that park offers in the middle of this huge city!
An Agent's wife I met at the Tower of London the other night told me that she and her husband went to a church service at Westminster Abbey instead of paying to take the tour. So I decided we should go to the Sunday evening service there. I love coming out of the Westminster tube station and seeing Big Ben and Parliament right there!
William said his tummy hurt so Caroline carried him.
Westminster Abbey - gorgeous!
After the service, I was taking pictures of the kids in front of Westminster and this woman offered to take a picture of the three of us. We quickly realized we were both Americans and started talking. Come to find out she lives in Lake Highlands in Dallas and teaches with my friend Katie Sheedy at Merriman Park Elementary School. So we took a picture for Katie...with the Merriman Park mascot, Sparky! Small world!
They are fascinated with reading the tube map!
No comments:
Post a Comment